The Teacher Educators’ Journal is published by the Association of Teacher Educators in Virginia (ATE-VA) as a service to the profession to stimulate discussion and reflection about issues related to teacher education. The manuscripts submitted for possible publication may be research/empirical manuscripts, position papers, book reviews, or conceptual essays.
The journal is co-edited by Dr. John Alarode and Dr. Karrin Lukacs.
- The Teacher Educators Journal is a peer-reviewed journal that publishes articles focused on issues related to teacher education.
- Manuscripts accepted for publication will be published as accepted on the ATE-VA web site in our E-journal.
- The Teacher Educators Journal will be published each spring
- Published manuscripts become the property of ATE-VA.
- All manuscripts must meet publishing guidelines established by the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA) 6th edition.
- A manuscript, including all references, tables, and figures, should not exceed 5000 words. Submissions that grossly exceed this limit may not be accepted for review.
- All manuscripts must include a 150-word abstract and three (3) keywords
- All manuscripts must be submitted electronically in MS Word format, rich Text Format or as a PDF.
- All manuscripts must be double-spaced with one-inch margins all around and in Times New Roman font – size 12.
- All manuscripts should include a cover page with the following information:
Title of the manuscript
Date of submission
Author’s name, mailing address, business and home telephone numbers, institutional affiliation and address, email address and fax number
Statement that this manuscript is not under consideration nor has it been published elsewhere
- Authors will be notified upon receipt of their manuscripts. After a preliminary editorial review,
- Manuscripts that meet ATE-VA specifications, will be sent to reviewers. With the exception of the cover page, ATE-VA requires that you omit any identifying information to ensure a blind review.
- Authors should email an electronic version of the manuscripts to or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Inquiries about The Teacher Educators’ Journal may also be directed to:
Dr. John Almarode
James Madison University
Contact with questions about the review process and serving as a reviewer
Dr. Karrin Lukacs
Contact with questions about guidelines and the submission process.
Before submitting a manuscript, review the Evaluation Rubric